Friday, March 1, 2013

Lonely Shutter Syndrome


Is the shutter button on your camera feeling lonely? I say that as if shutter buttons feel anything, but there is nothing like a little personification to lighten up your day. I freely admit that the shutters on my cameras could very well feel lonely, since they haven't seen much use lately. I could put the blame on rotten rainy weather, business, or something else, but that would be only telling half the story. Reality? A combination of all those things. From time to time, creativity just seems to shut down.

I've noticed this type of creative "writers block" of sorts two or three times a year, usually in the height of winter and twice in the summer. Two things seem to trigger these blocks, heat and lots (and I mean lots) of wet, gloomy weather over a long period of time. Why would things like that effect  creativity though? I think everyone can agree that when you don't feel well creativity is stifled. Sometimes you just need to step back and take time to do other things, give yourself some time off to reset.

As for myself, I'm looking forward to a little sunshine, which I think could go a long way to getting my creative juices flowing again. Here hoping to some brighter days in the weeks ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment